Thursday, October 15, 2015

From Trevor 10/15/2015
So guess what... I HAVE BEEN OUT ONE WHOLE MONTH. I only have 23 months left! That really isn't a lot of time. Time to buckle down and get to work!! 

This week has been a little hard. My companion had to go home. Dont worry, totally worthy. Just some things he needed to fix at home. Imagine saying goodbye to all of your friends, then, in weakness, finding someone that you can trust and confide in. And then, having to say goodbye to them. Yeah that kinda sucked. But other than that, life is good! 

The spanish continues to come! I can honestly feel prayers while I am out here. A tender mercy of the Lord. I know that I have people rooting for me, and that is the motivation I need! I love everyone at home!

Quick thought for you! I was talking with my district. We were talking about how much we have all grown in just one month! And holy cow that is true. I could never go back home and treat life the same. I would treat sundays different and others different. It is crazy to look back and see the distractions satan puts in our lives to keep us from becoming what we can become. I now realize how sacred of a day Sunday is. I now realize that the silly little fights simply aren't worth it. I now realize how much more of an example I should have been. 

If I could have one wish, it would be to be at home with all of this knowledge. I would teach my family and friends about how different life could be if we would just give ourselves to Christ. If you ask for help, with faith, he always answers prayers. I know it. This isnt a gospel where you check your brain at the door. TEST ALL THINGS. If you want to know if something is true, test it. And if you do so with real intent, in his own time, and in his own way, GOD WILL ANSWER. Try it! 
I know that we can all be influences for good in eachothers lives!

Email me and let me know how things are going at home!
I miss you all!
Con amor, Elder Scoubes

No comments:

Post a Comment