Thursday, October 22, 2015

Trevors last message from the MTC 10/22/2015

(For the family and group email) 

Thank you for the doughnuts!! Kirspy Kreme was definitaly something that was lacking in my life. Ony of my companions had his birthday, so we use the 24 doughnuts among the three of us and had a companionship party for him. He opened presents and all. 

The trio is working so great! At first we had some struggles teaching, because it is a lot harder bouncing off each other when there is 3... but it has worked itself out. This has been an absolutely crazy week. The time is flying, I cant even comprehend it. The Spanish is getting a little harder... appearently there is more to learn then just past, present, and future. There is subjunctive which is both past and present (maybe future) and all those include noun, adjective, and adverb clauses. TONS TO MEMORIZE. I just need to practice speaking it! I know it will continue to come. 

One thing that I would like to share with all of you. Heavenly Father answers our prayers. Every single one. in His own time, in His own way. but he always does. I would like to share a small experience with you on the subject. A few years ago, I made a hard decision. (what the decision was is not important ;) :)) And I didnt know if it was the right thing to do. It was hard for me. About a week later, I was reading my scriptures, and I saw a direct answer to my questions of whether I did the right thing. There were two verses. They stuck out to me. And they were an answer to my prayers. 

The problem was, I did not write them down. And when I had this testimony building experience, but I did not record it anywhere! I pleaded to Heavenly Father to help me remember so that I could better testify of him. I then waited, and searched. After a few days of looking I found them. I encourage you to read D&C 6:22 and then 15. These were my answers, and they hit home. They were exactly what I needed to hear when I needed to hear them. 

I can promise to you will all the fiber of my being. When you pray, with sincere faith, Heavenly Father will answer you. Also, Keep A Journal! I have done that every day since being here, and It is fun to see all of the things that happened. 

For those who dont know, I have been in the MTC for 5.5 weeks! I leave for Tijuana on  Monday morning at 3:30! Crazy how in 5 short days, I will be out knocking doors, and teaching lessons with my broken spanish. My teacher extended a promise to us. He said that if we worked as hard as we could for the first month we were out, we would be almost fluent by the end of the month. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. I need the spanish haha. 

I Love you all! Keep writing me! I love hearing about home. Miss you all so much. 

Con amor, Elder Scoubes

No comments:

Post a Comment