Monday, November 2, 2015

Las Villas Tijuana Mexico

From Trevor 11/2/15 Las Villas Tijuana Mexico
Hey fam. This has been the craziest week of my whole life. And very very slow. Haha, It has been a week since I have been able to understand anyone. They speak SO fast here. Its impossible. But I know that if I am obedient and work hard, the language will come. 

It has been weird teaching real people! Most of my teaching is just testifying of what he tells me to after he is done speaking. Right now, I am in an area of Tijuana called Las Villas (look it up on google). It is really different than home (duh). Our house is a broken down little thing. But it works. Only cold showers every morning!!

My favorite thing out here is the tracting and talking to people, even though they probably dont understand me. Everyone says that the first 3 months in the field are the hardest. Just have to get past that! i know itll go quick.
 
so yeah, this is a lot harder then I thought. dont worry, havent even considered coming home. But any extra prayers are sooo helpful. I know I have a lot of support at home. 
Nothing too crazy has happened yet since being here! Just teaching. We are teaching a family with two boys my age and a little girl. I can feel Heavenly Father's love for them when we teach them. 
I am loving my time as a missionary!

We walk probably 10 miles a day. All up hills. Haha, our neighbors are Jehovas Whitnesses. They try to convert us every day. We also get attacked by little dogs roaming the street! There are so many homeless dogs here. It makes me really sad. Im happy to hear about Halloween! Ashley's costume looked awesome! Im jealous I couldnt be there. So, I found out a dumb mission rule. I am in Mexico, and we arent allowed to play soccer!!! I have no idea why, but I will obey. I got to bear my testimony in church! When I told the congregation that I had been here for 6 days, they just laughed. Haha.

 Glad to hear about things at home!! Thank you for the dropbox!! It felt so good to see home again. I miss you all so much! Ill tell more stories next week!

Con amor, Elder Scoubes


No comments:

Post a Comment