Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Mission transfers

DID SOMEONE SAY TRANSFERES?!

Well, yes. I have officially graduated from the trainees. Whether that makes me a real missionary or not, debatable. But I have finished! Bleh.

And where am I going next?! .........................no where. I am staying here.
Where is my comp going?! ............................no where. Together for another transfer.
But he is District Leader now so I get to go on exchanges more often ­čśĆ

Can I say that I have magically learned the spanish? No.
Can I say that every lesson is a baptism? No.
Can I even say all that in spanish? Probably not. 
But that's not the point! I am no longer a trainee and happy about it. 

All is well here in the dense dense cities of Tijuana, Mexico. 
Every day is full of fish tacos, dead dogs, and traaaaffic.
Good to be alive. 

I would like to relate a quick experience to you all.

We have had a reference named Federico. He is a mechanic. He had drug problems about a year back, and has been hoping to fix his relationship with God. And a member showed him the way to us. 
Federico has a baptismal date on the 30 de Enero (January). And sadly, we thought that slowly he had been losing interest. But through many prayers, Heavenly Father showed us He had a different plan for Federico.
We showed up at his house to walk him to church. Normally this is an experience of waiiiiiting and calling and (almost) dragging him to church. But this time was different. He came walking down the hill of his house, dressed in a white shirt, a red tie, and he was all cleaned up. Even his face was different. He was happy. Genuinely happy. 
Heavenly Father had changed his heart. 
This man was now ready to go to church because he wanted to go. And is now excited for his baptism. 

What can we learn?? 

1 - If we pray in faith, believing that we shall recieve, if it be good, we shall recieve.

2 - The Lord has power to do whatever He wishes. If he wants to litterally change a man, he can do it.

Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial. El quiere que seamos felices. Porque? Porque El es literalmente nuestro padre. Yo se con todo mi coraz├│n que cuando pedimos a Dios por algo que es bueno, y su voluntad, vamos a recibirlo. La misi├│n es un milagro en me vida. 

Con amor, Elder Scoubes

video
READY
YES
WHO WILL GO FIRST?
ELDER SCOUBES
ELDER BERNAL
....
WHOEVER GO....
(MUSIC) CHA CHA CHA CHA...
REALLY????
LAUGHING
OK ELDER SCOUBES.... YOU ARE GOING TO STAY IN LAS VILLAS.
WITH... WE DONT KNOW WHO?
SERIOUSLY YOU ARE STAYING IN LAS VILLAS
WITH WHO?
OK AND YOU ELDER BERNAL YOU ARE ALSO STAYING IN LAS VILLAS.
SERIOUSLY?
YES
PROMISE YOU ARE SERIOUS
I PROMISE

No comments:

Post a Comment