Monday, March 7, 2016

Hello Friends and Family! 

This has been a good week. Slow in the success, but good work. 
Unfortunately, our weekly numbers did not demonstrate our work. And our my District Leader noticed that too.
We started the morning with a nice chat.
Nuestro Leader de Distrito nos plancho. (our DL ironed us.)
It's all good. 

This morning, I was studying in Predicad Mi Evangelio. Preach My Gospel.
And I was studying about Diligence. There are a few things that I would like to point out that I learned.

1 - Diligence means that we CONSISTENTLY work on the things that we want to accomplish. 
We can not simply put in an spike of effort, and hope that things work out for the best. We learn, and teach others, that we recieve many blessings from the Lord. But there are merely the blessings that slip through His fingers. If we are CONSISTENTLY showing the Lord that we want what we want, He will open his hands, and blessings will fall upon us openly. 

2 - I dont remember who said it, but someone once said,

 "Sometimes, people are suprised to learn that the key to missionary work... is work!"

                       -Someone Important

What can we learn from this? The Lord teaches us that, diligence is our acts of work. CONSISTENT WORK. Only when we really show that we are willing to sacrifice for the things we want, we recieve the help that we need. 

I encourage all to study about diligence. It is a broad subject.



Story of the week! 




I got another stomach infection. But worse. 

I woke up Wednesday morning at 1:00am. And something did not feel right. I retired to the bathroom, just to be sure that nothing went wrong in the bed. I waited, sweat dripping, and yup. 

Vomit. Ew. 

I "got sick" about 3 other times that night, all a few hours apart. 
The next three days included, feeling like death, million pills, and a nice Injection in the bottom.
(the shots so I didnt "get sick" every time I ate.)

So all is well here in Mexico!

I wish you all the best. Stay safe, dont eat in the street. 

Con amor, Elder Scoubes

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your stomach infection. Hope you feel better now. Take care of yourself.
    All the best,
    David
    www.davidwadsworth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete