Monday, March 14, 2016

Mar 14 2016

I did not like rain at home, and much less here.

But ni modo! (oh well)

Life moves on.

This was a week of hard work. Elder Zavala and I have made a goal to talk with EVERYONE that we see. And that is what we have been doing! We have had the most contacts of our district. And as a result, we have 21 lessons lined up with 21 different people/families next week! Whew.

What can we learn?! 

We must do our best to work hard in the thing within our reach. I can not control that someone accepts a baptismal invitation, or that they go to church. Much less that they even accept to listen to up. But what I can control is the number of people I contact. 

If we are showing the Lord that we are doing everything that is in our power, he makes up the rest. 

I have also thought about that in contrast with the Atonement.

It is like piano lessons.
Mom pays the teacher. She pays it in full. 
The only thing that we have to do is show our appreciation through the practice that we do. It is the same with the Atonement.

The Savior paid it all. He paid it in full.
The only thing that we have to do is show our appreciation through the things that we do. We must repent, always strive to be worthy, constantly work on the areas that we lack.

And if we do that, we recieve the gift of his grace. We can return to live with our Heavenly Father.

Highligh of the week? This morning, i found a spider hanging off of the end of a broom stick. I ran up to Elder Zavala, to threaten him or something like that. To my dismay, he is not afraid of spiders. Also to my dismay, i am. He then grabbed the spider with his hand, and chased me out of the house, and all around our area. Woo. Go companion. You are great. yeah. mm.

All is well, I am still breathing. Haha, no. I am fine.

video
Con amor, Elder Scoubes

No comments:

Post a Comment